Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Sunday 10th February 2019
In the presence of Monsignor Gilles Wach, Prior General of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, and by the providence of God, the Right Reverend Mark Davies, Bishop of Shrewsbury celebrated a High Mass with full pontificals in his Cathedral Church on Sunday afternoon.
This marks a new dawn for the Institute as we now continue our mission with a fourth Church in England. St Winefride’s at Shrewsbury compliments the other churches at New Brighton and two in Preston.
St Winefride’s was built in 1956 and is located in Monkmoor. Designed by F. X. Velarde it is typical of a post war design. More information on the church can be found here.
Additionally, we are pleased to have been asked by the Bishop to become an integral part of the Cathedral Clergy Team.
In the very near future an additional series of webpages specifically for Shrewsbury will appear via this website. In the meantime, please enjoy some photography taken by Mr John Aron of this remarkable occasion.
Additional photographs can be seen at the Latin Mass Society in Wrexham website here.