In April 2020, a large grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund was awarded to the church to repair the roofs and concrete of the ring under the dome. A condition of the grant was that we provide Activities for the community so that they can also benefit from this investment.
- Scaffold Tours 2020-2021 – External and Internal guided tours for local public and community, climbing the scaffolding to see the restoration close up and enjoy the amazing views!
- Educational UCLAN university student conservationists and IHBC (Institute of Heritage Building Conservation) visits for professionals involved in building restoration.
- New Brighton Memory Project – Linked activities with project partner venues that involved using vintage images of New Brighton over the 87 years since the Dome was built. Postcards were used to stimulate and collect memories, exhibiting, recording and archiving those memories.
- Guide Book explaining the heritage of the church and how it fits into the memories of New Brighton.
- The Reformation Study – An educational resource comparing the Ancient Rite of the Mass to the Liturgies of Thomas Cranmer.
- Organ recital talks
- Heritage Media as film or YouTube recordings, produced by Liverpool TV and ourselves, including a series of ten Organ Recital Lectures showing the development of church organ music.
- Tips for other Churches considering applying for Grant funding
Volunteer Thank You
Our Activities have involved hundreds of volunteers of which over 120 attended a Volunteer Thank You Event on 17th June 2022.
We wish to thank all those individuals, local businesses, venues and partner organisations for their fantastic support.
Te Deum for the Volunteer Thank You event
We are indebted to the following partner organisations who helped us reach out with our Activities into the local community including:
- Age UK
- Bebington Care Home
- Cards Galore
- Coffee Roast café, Vale Park
- IHBC (Institute Heritage Building Conservation)
- James Atherton Public House
- Lady Lever Gallery, Port Sunlight
- Lighthouse Lodge Care Home
- Literally Bookshop
- Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts
- Liverpool Museums
- Liverpool University History & Marketing Depts
- LT Print Group
- M&S Food
- Mariners Park Care Home
- Mediterranean Fish Bar and Cafe
- Mersey Ferries
- Moreton Library
- Morrisons Supermarket
- Nazareth House Care Home, Birkenhead
- New Brighton Heritage Centre
- New Brighton Primary School
- Oaklands Gallery, Victoria Road
- Oxton Grange Care Home
- Park House Care Home
- Quickhire Events
- Radio Merseyside
- Rock Point Records
- Seaside Café
- Ss Peter and Paul’s Primary School
- St James Church
- Sup Cafe
- Tourist Information Centre, Marine Park
- UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire)
- Wallasey Central Library
- Wallasey Community Soul Cafe
- Wallasey Village Library
- Wetherspoons New Brighton
- Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead
- Wirral Globe